Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fooducate

Fooducate is a little blog I recently started reading. It's got some interesting topics, and health tips. Yesterday's post was about foods you should be eating, or start eating.

Sardines is #1. Hold up, they almost lost me there. The picture they showed even showed the little fish eyes. How's that supposed to convince me to crack open a can?

I think I'll skip that suggestion, but take a few others into consideration.

Unsweet tea, for example, is something I can totally get on board with. Decaf, unsweetened tea even. They posted earlied in the week about caffeine. I'm trying to keep my intake under 200mg a day, so decaf sounds like a great idea. I'm sure I'll be having some withdrawal headaches this week as I start this (part of my 31 Days of Nothing Unhealthy Challenge), but it will be nice to get all that out of my system. I'm going to need to start exercising to get a little energy built up!

Another suggestion was unsalted, dry roasted nuts. Planters now has these bags of nuts that I love, especially the cashews. Not the healthiest nut, but I really like them better than almonds. I think the ones I'm talking about are salted though. Hmph. I'll have to think twice about getting them or the unsalted ones. I thought I was doing good since there was no oil...

Hummus! Glad to see that on the list. I'd heard it was good before, so I just bought two containers of it this week--it was BOGO Free! I plan to bring one container to work with me next week, with some carrots to eat it with. Sounds pretty healthy to me.

The last food I'll mention is berries. I'm usually pretty boring and stick to strawberries as my berry of choice. I'm going to try and branch out a little, although it's really not berry season around here. Seems like I bought some frozen blueberries to snack on before, and liked them, so I'll have to see what I can find.

Hope this helps some others who are trying to eat healthier in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment