Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

31 days of {nothing} unhealthy

I think I forgot the nothing part...

Remember how I said this was going to be a big year, well I guess I can go ahead and spill the beans to the worldwide web.

I'm six weeks pregnant with baby #3. Nausea set in on Sunday (Happy New Year to me!), and I've not hardly eaten anything, but what I have eaten hasn't been even close to healthy. Let's see how it all started.

Sunday, actually Saturday night, I prepared a Sausage and Egg Casserole for us to have for breakfast on New Year's morning. A little bit after breakfast, my stomach was growling a little, like I was still hungry, which clearly I shouldn't have been. I ignored it, and proceeded to take down the Christmas tree. About halfway through, I had to sit down, because I was super duper nauseous. And it didn't really go away that day, and it was still there on Monday. I said a little prayer on Monday night to please let Tuesday be easier, since it was a work day, and the first day of the year is super busy for me, and thankfully I was quite a bit better. Today has had it's ups and downs, but I'm thankful it's only nausea, and not going any further than that.

I've eaten fast food three days in a row. I know it's wrong, but I don't feel like cooking either. The thought of raw chicken sends a wave of nausea from my stomach to throat. I have thrown in some oatmeal and apples to try and stay on track. I really would like to have a healthy pregnancy and keep my weight in check, since I'm starting out 11 pounds heavier than in my two previous pregnancies. I've already dropped the few pounds I put on over the holidays, so that seems like a good thing.

Since the snack machine at work is now void of all Cheez-Its (you're welcome dieting co-workers), I should be good to avoid temptation, at least until it is re-stocked. I'm off to have my afternoon apple now!

The Sausage and Egg Casserole recipe, for wondering minds and recipe collectors.
From an old Southern Living cookbook. It originally called for a tomato rose as a garnish. How cute!

4 slices bread, cubed
1 1/2 pounds pork sausage
9 eggs, beaten
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt

Place bread cubes in bottom of a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish; set aside.

Cook sausage until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well.

Combine sausage, eggs, milk, cheese, and salt in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven. Cut into 3-inch squares to serve.

Yield 12 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Well first of all - CONGRATS!!!!!

    Second, you are going to do great...just keep away from those fast-food joints (my own personal downfall!) and you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations! I hate morning sickness. Feel really bad for you right now. I always had to get meds.

    ReplyDelete